Jan 5, 2013

New Year's Resolutions for Kids - Υποσχέσεις για το Νέο Έτος

My daughters New Year's Resolutions are play, play and more play! What are yours?
 
If you need some tips, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has published some New Year's Resolutions for healthy kids!
 
Preschoolers
I will clean up my toys and put them where they belong.
 
I will brush my teeth twice a day, and wash my hands after going to the bathroom and before eating.
 
I won’t tease dogs or other pets – even friendly ones. I will avoid being bitten by keeping my fingers and face away from their mouths.
  
Kids, 5- to 12-years-old
I will drink reduced-fat milk and water every day, and drink soda and fruit drinks only on special occasions.
 
I will apply sunscreen before I go outdoors on bright sunny days. I will try to stay in the shade whenever possible and wear a hat and sunglasses, especially when I’m playing sports.
 
I will try to find a sport (like basketball or soccer) or an activity (like playing tag, jumping rope, dancing or riding my bike) that I like and do it at least three times a week!
 
I will always wear a helmet when bicycling.
 
I will wear my seat belt every time I get in a car. I’ll sit in the back seat and use a booster seat until I am tall enough to use a lap/shoulder seat belt.
 
I’ll be nice to other kids. I’ll be friendly to kids who need friends – like someone who is shy, or is new to my school. 
 
I’ll never give out personal information such as my name, home address, school name or telephone number on the Internet. Also, I’ll never send a picture of myself to someone I chat with on the computer without my parent’s permission.
 
You'll find the entire article from AAP here.
 
Η υπόσχεση που έδωσε η μεγάλη μου κόρη για το Νέο Έτος είναι να μαζεύει το δωμάτιό της και πολύ πολύ παιχνίδι! Τί υπόσχεση δώσατε εσείς;
 
Η Αμερικανική Ακαδημία Παιδιατρικής προτείνει κάποιες εναλλακτικές υποσχέσεις για υγιή παιδιά, όπως να πλένουν τα δόντια τους δύο φορές την ημέρα, να φοράνε κράνος όταν κάνουν ποδήλατο και ζώνη στο αυτοκίνητο, να φροντίζουν να πίνουν νερό και να φοράνε αντιηλιακή κρέμα και γυαλιά ηλίου τις ηλιόλουστες ημέρες και άλλα πολλά που μπορείτε να διαβάσετε εδώ!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment